I am becoming enamored with the glitz, the glamour, and the glory of food blogs. You know those blogs that make you want to pull out a knife and a fork and begin eating the computer screen! So after having read all these motivational, follow your dream blogs that I have recently subscribed to, I thought I should bite the jalapeno and begin one. So here goes…
1.First of all, you should be unique and celebrate all food holidays before everyone else. That way your blog gets out there first.
Cinco de Mayo on Cuatro de Mayo – be unique and make a Mexican stand!
2. Invest in attractive and expensive kitchen tools such as I have.
Note the flower shaped cutting board. You can’t get that just anywhere. Dollar stores have to order these in advance for you!
3. Be sure to use top quality homemade spices such as I have.
The cream of the Mexican crop for tacos!
4. When in doubt, just buy a can of stuff… it is usually the same as all that difficult to make homemade stuff. And really… who will ever know or be able to taste the difference?
I was almost out of my canned refried beans (don’t they look appetizing?) so I picked up another can of good Old El Paso! You can never have enough cans on hand.
5. Be sure to cut the ingredients so they look attractive and are the same size as I have done.
Note the expert cutting culinary skills please.
6. Wnen in doubt, you can use leftovers (who will ever know right?) or you can even take leftovers such as I have done (Indian basmati rice – almost Mexican, si?) and mix them with Mexican rice from the package. The result is delish!
I am sure Indian flavoured rice mixed with Mexican will be a great combo!
7. Be sure to keep a clean attractive counter by using a gorgeous bowl to keep peelings in as I do.
What can I say? This bowl really has it going on. Perfect for a food blog.
8. And then with all great glamorous top-notch food blogs, you need to show off the final result to entice others to follow you or at a minimum, like you.
(Oops… already ate it… well, no not really… the dog did… she was the only one really in the mood for Cuatro de Mayo or to be honest, brave enough to stomach the results.)
I will try again tomorrow. I promise. Or maybe not. The dog isn’t looking that good. Maybe I should stick to a travel blog instead.
Have a great Cinco de Mayo tomorrow from Jade, Jazmin (our dog) and me. Hope yours is tastier than ours. 🙂