The world of travel is unbelievable.
Monday, I am living in the familiar. My world in Canada.
By Friday, I will be living in the unfamiliar. My new world in Cairo.
Hard for me to comprehend beginning the week in one country and ending it in another.
You step on a plane and a mere 12 hours later, you exit to a different life.
So as we get ready to make the move, I want to thank you all for supporting me and my family!
I can’t wait to begin sharing our Egyptian adventures with you as soon as we:
- finish Canadian check list ( I can always hope, right?)
- drag our 5 bags and 2 of the heaviest carry-ons the world has ever seen to the Toronto airport
- find (hopefully) our 5 bags on the Cairo carousel happily waiting for us to retrieve them
- drag said baggage to our furnished (thank goodness) flat in the heat wave
- unpack baggage, sleep, and try to find something to eat and drink with their currency
- begin to make the new Egyptian check list which (from what I have read) will be never ending!
- and when I accomplish my first task (Internet), you will be certain to hear from me from Egypt!
So until then, have a great rest of the summer and be happy and healthy 🙂
Talk to you later from Cairo,
(PS. A special thanks to my husband for the going away gift. He grew the sunflower for me. It looks like he has successfully replaced me after all!)